Wednesday, March 10, 2010

To Buy or Not to Buy

Phil and I have started this wonderful journey of buying a house. Everyone says it is a "buyers market" but I am starting to question that. We have looked at a million and one houses it seems like and have yet to find the "right" house. It is kind of frustrating. Either the house already sold or we have crazy sellers or the big one is it's a short sale. Last night I found the cutest house in a North Spokane Neighborhood. I called it my little dollhouse. Phil came and looked at it, and while he was there I could tell something was wrong. We got in the car and he finally started talking. He told me all the things wrong with the house and then how he would not feel safe leaving me there if he had to go to China or something. (Some of you might think we are kidding about the China thing but he really may have to go!) Once he got home he opened up the county website to find 9 sex offenders within a 1 mile radius... That right there sold me... I said Phil we are stayin at the "Pig." I am getting frustrated because I feel like we are investing all our time into finding a house and literally cannot find a single one. There are perks about living where we live though so renting would not be that bad of an idea. I mean we have the only apartment that has been updated so it looks like a house, We are on the ground floor so that is easy for the dogs, we never have to mow the yard, and I have a swimming pool!!! Can't beat that. I am not sure where this jouney is going to take us anymore. All I know is we have 51 days and counting to make up our minds... Thoughts anyone!?!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...here's what I think. I think, if you & Phil are meant to find a house...you'll find the house. Don't give up just because you are discouraged...you have 51 more day (or less now), but if you don't find something by then, then put it on the back burner & when the time is right, everything will work out!! Love you both!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete