Tuesday, March 9, 2010

First Summer in Spokane 2002

So my mother decides she is going to move us all to Spokane. I was still attending my first year at Lewis Clark State College but had to go someplace for Summer break. Afterall... I was NOT going to stay in stinky town aka Lewiston. School ended at LC in early May. I came to what I now call home and was literally bored OUT OF MY MIND. Here was my daily routine...sleep in until about noon..get up, go for a run, come home, lay out in the sun, hang out with my mama at night, go to bed, and repeat it all over again the next day. I never thought I could be so bored until that summer. It was good that I had gotten into running because I had gained a tad bit of weight from all the drinking I did my first year of school. I would like to refer to those days as a freshman 30 instead of freshman 15. June FINALLY rolled around and I had gotten a job lifeguarding at Liberty Lake. I go to my first day of Orientation and met all the people I would be working with that summer... One girl by the name of Jadyn was my head guard... I thought she looked familiar and then it all dawned on me... She was the girl from camp that stole my best friend when we were little. If that didn't break the ice I don't know what else could have. I started working and it was one hot summer... I think I was tan by the first week. I had never done lakeside guarding before so I was excited to go to work every day...not to mention I finally had friends. The summer ended and I had to go back to Lewistion.........

No comments:

Post a Comment